ORDER SONS OF ITALY IN AMERICA
JOSEPH B. FRANZALIA LODGE # 2422
808 SOUTH DRIVE, FORT WALTON BEACH, FLORIDA 32547
TEL: 850-862-2758 FAX: 850-862-5489
Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Recipients!
Connor Cleveland - Fort Walton Beach High School
Waylon Steele– Fort Walton Beach High School
Claire Hook- Fort Walton Beach High School
Joseph B. Franzalia Heritage Award Scholarship
Maggie Gillen - Choctawhatchee High School
Also attending the ceremony Grand Lodge scholarship recipient
Blake - Niceville High School
2018 SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
1. The Joseph B Franzalia Lodge #2422, Order Sons of Italy in America is pleased to announce
2018 educational scholarships for graduating seniors. The scholarships are awarded on the
basis of scholastic achievement, participation in school and community affairs, and financial
2. The recipient will not receive the actual scholarship until accepted at an accredited college or
university and notifies the Order Sons of Italy Scholarship Committee of acceptance and
intent to enroll. The scholarship award check will be mailed to the institution of choice with
instructions that the recipient may use the money for any expenses required by the
3. If recipient transfers to another school prior to using all available funds, the remaining funds
may be transferred to the new school of students choice. If recipient ceases to attend classes
at school of choice and does not immediately transfer to another school any money remaining
in this fund shall be returned to the Order Sons of Italy.
4. The application deadline is established as: March 30, 2018. It is essential that the deadline is met and packets are postmarked no later than the above date.
Applications must be completely filled out. Incomplete or late applications will not be
5. Application packets are to the left. The school may reproduce the application packet.
Completed applications are to be mailed to: Order Sons of Italy in America, ATTN: Scholarship
Committee, 808 South Drive, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, 32547.
6. High school transcripts ARE REQUIRED.
7. Applicants do not need to be of Italian descent.
8. Please include the dates and times of the Honors Award Ceremony and Graduation in the completed packet where noted.
9. Please ensure that applicants receive a complete packet.
Joseph B. Franzalia Lodge #2422